Lecturers, Gregory Ruiters, Fundiswa Khaile and Joshua Oghenetega jointly teach the ‘Introduction to Public Administration’ module (PUA131). The lectures consulted with the CIECT team and prepared a teaching plan which highlighted the purpose and outcomes for each topic; learning content to be presented and related learning activities. This teaching plan guided the design and development of a structured online environment.
The Lessons eTool was used to create interactive content sections and included the following structure:
- Introduction of topics that will be covered;
- Checklist of activities to be completed;
- Recommended reading list;
- Information related to topic including the use of text and images;
- Embedding of articles, presentations and/or videos;
- Content links sharing;
- Linking to discussion topics for student engagement;
- Linking to specific assignments related to topic/s; and
- Linking to online quiz activities
Students are able to actively engage with the structured learning content from their respective devices and locations.