Nursing lecturers [Foundation and First year levels] engaged in an Instructional Design workshop, focusing on the design of interactive online lessons. The CIECT team facilitated the workshop which enabled the lecturers to plan, design and develop online lessons in relation to their specific subjects:
- Develop an Instructional Strategy to plan specific topic/theme; and related outcomes
- Structure the topics/themes using a scaffolded approach
- Embed learning material (readings, presentations)
- Embed digital media components (video and news feeds to support content)
- Develop clear checklist for students to assist with self-directed learning
- Linking of discussion topics to specific content
- Linking assignments and quizzes to specific topics
Effective online design supports learning and teaching practices.
Contact the CIECT Instructional Design team to create an interactive online environment.