Lecturer Frederick Herbst, set up assessment activities for both formative and summative submissions, for the ‘fully-online’ module, EMD 616 (Marketing Management).
Weekly online assessment activities in the form of quizzes were developed:
- Students complete online multiple-choice questions related to the specific chapters that are presented each week.
- Students receive results online.
- Question pools were randomised.
*These online quizzes form part of their continuous assessment marks; and also reinforces learning to prepare for the following week’s content.
Students were also required to submit assignments related to the specific topics or case studies:
- Reflection in relation to various key concepts.
- Students received timeous feedback.
*All assessments are linked to the Gradebook and students are able to track their progress as they complete activities. Furthermore, students were expected to complete their final assessment activity (specific time-frame provided).
Contact the CIECT team to design and develop your blended and distance learning environments.