ePortfolio used as a formative assessment eTool
The Centre for Innovative Education and Communication Technologies (CIECT) has observed and experienced an increasing demand for the design and development of ePortfolios for students across faculties, including: Education, Arts, CHS, Dentistry and Science.
The ePortfolio is structured as a formal assessment activity which enables students to:
- collate information and learning material over a period of time;
- record learning activities and competencies which are monitored and assessed;
- reflect and share accomplishments;
- insert relevant images and videos;
- insert relevant tasks, essays and links; as well as
- embed content related to discipline.
Students are able to reflect on their progress and take ownership
of their learning using this form of assessment eTool from various geographical settings.
Contact the CIECT team to discuss the design and development of ePortfolios.