CIECT has engaged in extensive exploration in order to identify a live video conferencing tool that could be fully integrated with iKamva. As reported towards the end of 2018, we identified the BigBlueButton eTool for online modules. The CIECT Development team managed to integrate this video conferencing tool which enables video streaming and interactive engagements.
This eTool should enable lecturers to:
- moderate and control student interactions;
- upload and present their lectures (Pdfs, PowerPoint slides);
- use annotation features on live presentations and documents; and
- highlight key sections within a document/article.
Thereby the students should be able to interact with the lecturer and:
- engage in live interactive video lectures;
- listen to audio slides and live chats;
- view the lecturer’s shared desktop; and
- view recorded video lecture sessions (in real-time).
These features will be piloted during the second semester of 2019 and students will be able to view and engage in the live streaming of a lecture. This first phase of the pilot will not allow students to watch the recorded lecture after classes.
**EMS lecturers engaged in the Fully Online Programme will engage in the first pilot.
The feature of recording the live video lecture will be implemented during the second phase during the 2020 academic year.
CIECT will invite you to engage in hands-on workshops where these features and functionalities will be showcased and explored in 2020. During these sessions you will be able to setup the live video lecture and further engage with the eTools.