Lecturers across various faculties are making use of eAssessment and communication tools within iKamva, for the examination period, 07 November –10 December 2016.
A number of 116 online examinations have been designed and developed, and include the following types:
- Seventy three (73) take-home exams (papers were uploaded to the course resources section for students to download and submit accordingly);
- Thirty nine (39) online exams (test & quizzes); and
- 4 ePortfolios.
Students engaged in take-home exams across disciplines are expected to:
- Write reflective pieces;
- Engage with specific case studies;
- Complete mini-theses;
- Critically engage and discuss concepts; and
- Share perspectives and experiences in relation to specific topics.
The announcement tool within iKamva is used to notify students with regards to examination dates, venues and brief descriptions. These notifications are posted within iKamva and linked to student UWC Gmail accounts. Furthermore, lecturers requested students to develop ePortfolios. They were expected to submit the portfolio and share relevant resources, including lesson plans, activities, and examples of evidence in practice.
It should be noted that the Faculty of Community and Health Sciences (CHS) designed and developed 19 online examinations, 7 take-home assignments and 3 ePortfolios for both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Please contact the CIECT team to create your blended learning environment for 2017.