NB: There are an increased number of requests in relation to the use of the institutional Learning Management System (iKamva/Sakai platform). Many lecturers are not able to attend face-to-face training and support sessions. Hence, we have prepared a series of self-help videos (screencasts), placed on our YouTube Channel.
View and learn how to create your basic interactive online course. This will enable you to introduce the new students entering UWC. The video playlist entails ‘How to’:
· Log-in to the online environment (iKamva, the institutional Learning Management System),
· Navigate the environment in order to become familiar with various content, communication and assessment eTools,
· Create a basic structure which entails the purpose statement and outcomes of your discipline,
· Create a basic structure which gives an overview of the content of your module,
· Add relevant resources to supplement your learning material,
· Create discussion topics to introduce your students to specific concepts, related to your discipline,
· Develop assessment tasks for self-directed learning based on key concepts and reading material,
· Add calendar events; and announcements which will be directly sent to students’ email accounts, and
· Provide access to your online course to students via mobile devices (such as mobile phones, tablets via Internet connectivity).