The CIECT Team (Instructional Designers) in collaboration with lecturers from various Departments, deliberated on the selection and application of specific eAssessment tools. Support by the Instructional Designers included the creation and development of the online exams:
– Psychology (Anita Padmanabhanunni,Michele Willemse, Jenny Rose, Brendon Faroa);
– Sports Sciences (Simone Titus and Gareth Smithdorf);
– Philosophy (Jessica Lerm);
– Accounting (Lemay Quesada);
– Management (Lisle Svenson); and
– Education (Karen Collett).
These lecturers made use of the online Assessment eTool, comprising of various question types within the institutional Learning Management System (LMS), iKamva:
– Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs),
– Short Answer Essay, and
– Uploadable assignments (Take home exams).
It should be noted that a total number of 319 students from the above Departments have engaged in the online alternative exams.
**Critical support by the CIECT team entailed online communication, face-to-face meetings, telephonic and email support.
Furthermore, it should be noted that these exams complimented other formative and summative assessment types throughout the academic year.
Contact the CIECT Team to set-up your eAssessment environment.