Lecturer, Karen Wallace from the Chemistry Department created an online environment within the Sakai (iKamva) platform. Karen has structured her course to allow:
- the uploading of course resources
– lecture slides,
– articles, and
– exam archives (papers and tests).
The course is also structured to allow for:
- a scaffolding approach (study units), and
- the inclusion of related multimedia (images, instructional videos and links to other resources).
Karen makes use of the embedding capabilities of the iKamva site, which allows:
- YouTube videos to be aligned to specific content, and
- PDF articles to be viewed within related learning material.
The CIECT team encourages Departments to arrange for group training sessions related to the effective use of eTools within the Sakai (iKamva) platform.